It’s finally Summer here in Australia, so the perfect time to quench your thirst with some cool, refreshing and delicious cocktails. The lovely team at 5Seeds have sent me their latest cider range – the Lower Sugar Apple Cider to taste and experiment with some fun and yummy cocktail recipes to share with you. I’m no bartender but it was fun coming up with these recipes, so I hope you enjoy!
What is the 5 Seeds Lower Sugar Apple Cider?
The Lower Sugar Apple Cider is 5 Seeds newest range of ciders that are 97% sugar free and have less than half the sugar than other leading regular ciders. The apple cider is made with delicious and fresh orchard apples and are also free from artificial flavours and sweeteners.
The 5 Seeds Lower Sugar Apple Cider has a fresh and sweet apple taste. The cider is refreshing, light and has a deliciously fruity flavour. I enjoy fruity & light ciders so this was perfect for me. I love that this apple cider has lower sugar and yet is still full of flavour and is not bland or bitter.
Cocktail recipe ideas
I had a little play around with some cocktail recipes and here’s a couple I came up with that are fruity, fun and super easy to make!
Berry Good Cocktail
A delicious and fruity cocktail full of berry goodness with a touch of lime to help you quench your thirst.
- 2 parts 5 Seeds Lower Sugar Apple Cider
- 1 part Riesling
- 1 part lemonade (or soda water with a good squeeze of lime, if you prefer it less sweet and more sour)
- Fresh or frozen raspberries and strawberries
- Lime, sliced
- Ice cubes
- Mix together cider, Riesling and lemonade in a jug or glass.
- Cut strawberries into slices then add to the jug along with the raspberries and ice cubes.
- Lastly, garnish with a slice of lime and enjoy.