I was kindly given the opportunity to be one of the first few to try Wishtrend’s latest product before their official launch (thank you Wishtrend!). I was sent the Green Tea & Enzyme Powder Wash which I have now been using for a few weeks now so thought it was a good time to write up a review!
What is the ByWishtrend Green Tea & Enzyme Powder Wash?
The Green Tea & Enzyme Powder Wash is a low-irritation cleanser that is suitable for all skin-types, especially for those with acne-prone skin. It is also fine for those with sensitive skin to use since it is a gentle cleanser and exfoliator with moisturising properties. The wash, like its name says, comes in powder form unlike other face washes and cleansers. The powder wash helps to exfoliate dead skin cells and control blackheads whilst also providing hydration. The wash does all this without being harsh or abrasive on the skin. It also has antioxidant effects that help to clear up the skin and improve skin troubles.
The powder wash comes in an opaque pastel green plastic bottle. The bottle has a flip cap with a small opening that allows the powder to be poured out easily. I found it best to gently tap or lightly jiggle the bottle to prevent pouring out too much product since the powder is quite fine and lightweight.
How to Use
Firstly, I pour out a small amount of the powder wash into the palm of my hand. I then add a small amount of water to my hands and work up into a lather before gentle massaging onto my face. I then rinse off well with lukewarm water and follow with the rest of my skincare routine.
In terms of the frequency of usage, it varies depending on your skin type so adjust accordingly. It is recommended for those with sensitive or thin skin to use the wash 2-3 times weekly.
Whilst using the Green Tea & Enzyme Powder Wash, there are a few precautions:
- Do not use with other exfoliating products such as those containing retinol, high concentration vitamin C, AHA/BHA, etc…
- Use lukewarm water (35-45°C) when washing to activate the enzymes
- Ensure to store the wash in a dry area and to keep the lid tightly closed when not in use.
The Green Tea & Enzyme Powder Wash has four key ingredients – green tea, papain, sodium bicarbonate and amino acid surfactants.
- Green tea has powerful antioxidant properties, is rich in vitamins, and helps to purify the skin.
- Papain helps to eliminate skin waste and exfoliate the skin to improve its texture without irritation.
- Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is a gentle ingredient that helps to remove blackheads, improve skin texture and provide deep pore cleaning
- Lastly, amino acid surfactants, derived from coconut, has moisture retention properties. It is also low irritation and provides a moisturising effect without excessive foam.
The powder wash has a slightly acidic pH of 5.5 which matches the skin’s acid mantle pH level. The powder itself is a light pastel green colour and has a faint matcha green tea latte scent. When water is added and the wash is well lathered, the green tea latte scent becomes much more prominent and is very refreshing and soothing. I love matcha green tea so I really enjoyed the scent as it wasn’t too strong or overpowering. The wash itself creates a light lather that isn’t very bubbly like other face washes or cleansers I’ve tried but lathers well enough to easily wash your face. I find that after 15-20 seconds the bubbles start to disappear and the wash starts to dry up on my face.